Senior React Native Developer
Remote but within 50 mile radius of Bristol
We are working with an exciting Agri-tech early growth startup now looking to build a UK team of Developers. The business has gone from strength to strength achieving £ 2 million in funding in the last 18 months.
We are looking for a React Native Developer to join a brand new team that is being recruited. The role is a remote position but there will be regular meetups in and around the Bristol area due to the location of other senior members of the business. This agri-tech is building technology for farmers to use creating improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of the livestock industry.
We are looking for a great front end developer who is proficient with ReactNative. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React Native workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Developing new user-facing features using React Native
- You will be ensuring the success of the front end development, working with the rest of the distributed developers.
- You will be using your technical skill and your startup knowledge to scale the product and increase the user experience for farmers
- You’ll be agile, and will use lean processes, working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate Front-End solutions
- You will be ensuring delivery detail and correct development practices and front end mobile architecture for the application.
- Work with product, the React.js and back-end engineering teams.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent knowledge of React Native, JSX and Redux including higher order components and Flow
- Good knowledge with Native Mobile development for iOS and Android
- Excellent knowledge of translating interaction and visual designs in to production of quality front-end experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Git
- Excellent knowledge of CSS and SCSS
- Good experience in optimisation of Mobile app environments
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo client
- Experience with build tools (eg Webpack)
- Experience with testing tools (ideally Jest)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with data structure libraries (eg Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of Isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms such as JSON Web
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, NPM etc
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them in to technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git BitBucket
- Experience with ReactJS and Web frameworks
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience and knowledge of responsive layouts, grid systems and design systems
- Experience with Data visualisation with React or React Native
- Experience with REST
- Experience with templating languages (eg Django)
- An eye for design and typography
- Experience with persistent state management sytems (Redux Persist)
- Experience with CSS architecture patterns
What's on offer?
- Remote working but with regular meetups in the Bristol area
- Basic up to £70k plus options
- An opportunity to make a difference!