Remote working but ideally within a 50 mile radius of Bristol
Basic up to £70k
We are working with an exciting Agri-tech early growth startup now building a UK developer team in and around the Bristol area. The business has gone from strength to strength achieving £2 million in funding in the last 18 months.
We are looking for a Lead Python Engineer to join a brand new team that is being recruited.
As the lead Backend Engineer, you will work in tandem with the head of engineering and the rest of the development team to ensure that you deliver a world class platform. You will be instrumental in defining the technical direction of the platform. All engineers own the code they write, do you get to decide how it's written and what it runs on. As a data company you will bring experience that helps to design and implement the data pipeline.
- Work closely with the product team and build the next generation farming data and analytics platform
- Help the head of engineering to define what the technology platform looks like
- Work on defining and improving the deployment process and site reliability
- Help drive the way they process and handle data
- Collaborate with other developers, product managers and designers to build new consumer features
- Adopt streamlined and lean processes working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate technical solutions
- Continuously improve the technology stack, tools and processes
- Provide technical insights and advice to help inform the roadmap
What are we looking for?
- Experience in web application development using Python and the Django framework
- Experience in relational database technologies including PostgreSQL
- Experience in REST API and GraphQL Development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and /or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well commented, well-tested, readable and reusable code
- Understanding of software development practices such as agile development, testing and peer reviewing
- Familiarity with DevOps - Git, CI/CD, containerisation and service infrastructure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational and time management skills, ability to manage workload and effectively allocate appropriate time to a range of tasks
- Project management and communication skills
What's on offer?
- Basic salary up to £70k
- Remote working
- Health insurance