Senior backed python developer
Salary to £90k
We are looking for an experienced back-end engineer who has extensive experience in Python and Django. You will work closely with the Head of Engineering and existing backend team to help deliver a performant, scalable and resilent platform to support the front-end applications and analytics requirements.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and
quality product is important, but you are foremost someone who is excited by programming and engineering, someone who is continually learning, both new technologies and better ways of using older ones.
With a focus on continual improvements, running through quality, scalability, resilience and availability. Striving for autonomous engineering teams, who self manage and self organise. A blame free environment to engender the freedom to take risks, balanced by the need to take ownership and accountability.
This is a remote role but they do try and get together when they can (normally around fortnightly when possible).
• Be part of a vertical feature team delivering on product features and improvements.
• Help drive strategic and tactical architectural direction
• Be a point of authority for all things back-end
• Support the devops and QA functions.
• Collaborate within the tech team, and cross functionally with product, marketing and customer support.
• Adopt streamlined and lean processes working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate technical solutions.
• Continuously improve technology stack, tools, and processes.
• Provide technical insights and advice to help inform roadmap.
What you bring
• Experience in web application development using Python and the Django framework
• Experience in relational database technologies including PostgreSQL
• Experience in REST API and GraphQL Development
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud
• Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker
• Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, well-tested, readable and reusable code
• Understanding of software development practices such as agile development, testing and peer reviewing.
• Familiarity around DevOps – Git, CI/CD, containerisation and server infrastructure
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Organisational and time management skills; ability to manage workload and effectively allocate appropriate time to a range of tasks
• Project management and communication skills
• Knowledge of Go
• Microservice and monolithic architecture
• Competitive salary, with options
• Health and life insurance
• Flexible UK location