Big Data Developer
Outskirts of Guildford / Hampshire
Up to £40k basic
Our client focuses on digital transformation, revenue protection and customer engagement. They are always updating their fraud, risk management, revenue assurance and mediation products to incorporate latest innovations and technologies including big data platforms for storage and analytics and web APIs and toolkits for application portability.
A big data systems application developer is required to join the small development team to enhance and improve its revenue and risk management user interfaces and APIs.
Create, maintain and test big data applications using Apache Kafka streams, Spark, Hive and Apache Druid.
- Integrate solutions with current web and non-web products
- Gather and refine requirements from subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Create design specifications and documentation to support development
What are we looking for?
- At least 3 years’ experience developing applications for big data platforms
- Up-to-date knowledge and hands-on experience of latest big data technologies, especially in data stream processing
- Good team member and strong communicator
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Creative and problem solving
- Computer Science / Information Technology (or related) degree and/or HND
- Specific big data application development modules and course certifications an advantage
Required technical skills:
- Essential: Apache Kafka, Kafka streams, Scala
- Highly Desirable: Apache Druid, Apache Hadoop (Hive, HDFS), SparkSQL, Java
- Desirable: Parallel programming technique, Microservices technique, Docker, Ansible,
Kubernetes, Machine Learning, Tensorflow, C++
- Useful: CI/CD, NoSQL databases, ETL, Prometheus, Python
- Bonus: Confluence, JIRA, Git source control