Junior Fullstack Engineer
Exciting new startup - Bristol or Bournemouth
We have partnered with an 18 month old startup now looking to hire their second permanent developer in a Junior Fullstack Engineer role. If you have an entreprenurial mindset, ideally with prior exposure to a startup or scaleup environment and want to join a small company with big ambitions, read on. The founders have been building a platform that will allow anyone to leverage the power of software version control tooling (think: word processor meets github), without the learning curve, delivering huge efficiencies for large-scale document collaboration. Right now, they are at the stage where they have lots to do to scale the platform and add more functionality that users need!
Joining the team under the new Lead Developer, the platform is a Go stack running on kubernetes cloud infrastructure (GKE). The front end uses Go templates and jQuery, which they plan to migrate to React. As they work with enterprise clients, security, performance and reliability is of the utmost importance so we are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience with software engineering best practices.
You will work closely with the CTO also who has a decade’s experience of working in and latterly running software teams for government tech projects. The plan is to grow the product team quickly as they gain customers to meet both bespoke and general user needs.
What are we looking for?
- A talented junior engineer with an excellent delivery track record
- Security-conscious and an open-minded team player
- A technology enthusiast with an appreciation for good UX design
- An engineer that takes pride in producing high-quality solutions, but not over-engineering them.
Experience of the following:
- Design, build and maintenance of RESTful APIs (ideally Go)
- Relational databases (ideally Postgres)
- Unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Excellent communication, both written and oral.
- Cloud infrastructure, ideally Kubernetes & GCP
What's in it for you?
- A highly competitive salary
- Remote working and also the use of a co-working space
- Flexible working and a grown up approach to work life balance