Senior Data Scientist
To £100k salary depending upon experience
Are you a senior NLP specialist who wants to get in on the ground floor of a legal tech startup seeking to use technology and AI to radically expand access to justice?
If you thrive on rapid innovation, working in a motivated, positive team, and the freedom to use all of your skills and knowledge to succeed, then we would love to hear from you.
Our client is not only a highly accomplished law firm, with legal work extensively featured in national media, but they are also leading the charge of tech disrupting the employment law sector.
The in-house tech team is growing steadily and they are strengthening their data science side to help deliver the law to the people who need it most but can't afford it. Their ambition is to deliver law globally in a new and user friendly way, using the power of artificial intelligence.
We are looking for someone who can not only think scientifically, but who has a proven track record of turning those ideas into tangible results.
You will be helping to build an entirely new market from people who are currently unable to access justice.
You will be working on a largely greenfield project with the freedom to use your initiative and experience to create the method needed to power these tools, and helping envision our various other data driven projects.
- Practical experience across the whole of the data science pipeline.
- Practical experience applying NLP to real life problems in a knowledge-based industry.
- Strong knowledge across a range of industry standard data science tools, frameworks and languages such as python, BERT, NLTK (you will have a large degree of freedom in deciding the best fit for the job).
- Master’s degree in data science or similar from a recognised institution.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to get stuck in with minimal supervision
- Fluent written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Interest in helping people to access justice
- Legal sector / legal tech experience (getting arrested doesn’t count :-) )
- Experience working in a startup environment (small team, scrum + Jira)
- Project/people/supplier management experience
- PhD in data science or similar from a recognised institution
- Competitive salary
- Copious home working, plus unlimited office working
- Sick pay
- Gym membership
- Onsite yoga classes, table football and table tennis
- Social gatherings and a collaborative environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Making a tangible difference in the world