Software Engineering Manager
Established over 20 years ago,my client has built an enviable reputation in the software world and now employs around 60 staff. In order to continue with their growth plans in to 2021, we are now looking for a highly competent Software Engineering Manager to join the business. As a leading web and digital platform company, they have won numerous awards for both their technical and creative work.
You will inherit a team of around 10 software developers reporting directly in to the CEO. Working closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, UCD/UX experts and Network Support Engineers to deliver a powerful platform that other applications and websites can be built upon.
- Selecting, evaluating and extending technology components to work as a unified platform of services
- All aspects of the platform from designing and delivers APIs, specifying and building backend services through to delivery of the front-end
- Responsibility for maintaining an extensive heavily used codebase, including refreshing and improving where required
- Research and develop new and innovative services from idea to delivery and implementing amazing new features to attract new business
- Contribute towards the goal of continually improving development processes and delivering outstanding software
What are we looking for?
- An experienced Software Team Leader or Manager with a strong engineering background
- A true problem solver
- An accomplished developer with a good understanding of many languages both OO and functional programming, now looking for a hands off technical role with more focus on people management and working with your team
- A good motivator
- An understanding of system design and the ability to orchestrate systems and workflows as well as having a good knowledge of web services and APIs
- Experience of automated testing would be an advantage
- A solid degree in Computer Science or related field
What's on offer?
- Flexible working hours and location although time spent in the office in Plymouth will be a huge advantage
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays
- Company performance bonus
- Long service awards
- Free refreshments