Lead Frontend Developer
Salary to £75k
My client is a leading digital agency providing design driven digital products. We are now looking for a Lead Software Engineer to develop high quality solutions. You will work as part of an engineering team and report to the CTO. It is a fast paced environment, so we need someone who can make sound, reasoned decisions. As a key role within the team, you will also work closely with clients on a regular basis to agree technical designs (functional and non-functional), advising clients and delivery managers on estimated effort, technical implications of user stories and user journeys.
You have a ruthless attitude to figure it out and you’re not afraid of taking onus. Humility where appropriate, confidence when the shot is on. You should always have an eye on the client’s ROI with an ability to focus on what will deliver them results over distractions.
You should be passionate about building a career in digital products and developing your skills to perform alongside the best in the industry.
As an engineer you will:
● Work in a multi-functional agile team to design and deliver software products.
● Participate in discussions on features, technical design sessions, planning and retrospectives.
● Own the development of features from definition to deployment, prioritising your own sub-tasks and pulling in others as appropriate.
● Help to ensure adequate test coverage, load testing and performance monitoring of your products.
What are we looking for:
● 6-8+ years of experience in software user interface development with a degree in computer science or an equivalent professional experience.
● 4+ years React experience.
● Proficient in working with RESTful APIs.
● Experience with unit and functional testing for frontend components (e.g Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress.io).
● Strong CSS ability - Able to convert flat UI designs into functional code.
● Strong understanding of GIT and branching strategies.
● Happy to mentor/assist more junior team members.
● Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
● Strong analytical and team collaboration skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Experience with React Native.
● Experience with state management frameworks (Redux, Context API etc).
● Experience with leveraging off-the-shelf UI Libraries/Frameworks to expedite development.
● OAuth2 and associated technologies.
● Experience in handling offline/cached/retry capabilities.
● Experience with CI/CD techniques.
● Experience with AWS such as:
○ EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, Elastic search, EKS, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront.
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary, pension, flexible and remote working, 25 days holiday.