Senior DevOps Engineer
To £85k basic salary
How would you like to work for an organisation that is spearheading the development of scientific data management solutions, working closely with Life Sciences and Biotech leaders. As the team is expanding and growing it's capabilities of products, we are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer. Your role is vital in enabling the seamless flow of value from development to production whilst helping to drive a DevOps culture. Responsible for enabling and supporting the Engineering teams to deploy and handle products, working closely with developers, testers etc to improve capability to deliver software quickly to customers.
- Championing and helping to continuously improve DevOps practices such as automation, shift left, testing, everything as code, pipelines and self-service
- Working hands-on with multi-disciplined team pairing with engineers, offering training and day to day advice to ensure applications are ready for production
- Working on CD and delivery processes to improve and maintain pipelines and tooling for engineering to allow rapid delivery of services in to production environments
- Working with Iac, configuration managements, cloud, microservices, pipelines, obsvervability are all key areas
- Key tech stack includes Kubernetes, Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins and AWS
What are we looking for?
- A passion for automation and a focus on IaC
- Experience with programming or scripting such as Bash, Python, Java
- An understanding of how to build, deploy and support modern large-scale distributed systems and handle issues that arise
- Experience with modern DevOps tooling and building deployment pipelines (Terraform, Pupper, Groovy etc)
- Cloud experience perferably AWS and Kubernetes
- An ability to add observability and monitoring to systems
- Lean and agile practices
- Java ecosystem
What's in it for you?
- Remote first working
- Basic up to £85k