Senior Python Software Engineer
London /Remote first
Up to £100k salary
A fantastic agricultural tech company looking to grow safer, healthier food by deploying fully autonomous greenhouses around the world. They are doing everything they can to accelerate the deployment of new farms around world and have been running in-field trials in their own prototype control system. Some pretty impressive founders from McLaren, Oxford and Cambridge and big names in VC funds to help them to scale to the next level.
The software engineering team is responsible for delivering the infrastructure on to which the autonomous growing services will be placed. They develop the core platform which is used by in-house growers and on the ground personnel. As a Senior Software developer you will closely with highly technical and non-technical users to figure out what needs to be built to meet company objectives and how to build it. You will own the whole software engineering lifecycle: design, development, deployment. You will be responsible for deploying software into the field and ensuring that it works.
What are we looking for:
- Architecting cloud infrastructure
- Building interfaces with onsite environment sensors and controllers and connecting them
- Implementing user interfaces that allow growers and other team members to monitor, control and intervene
- Creating mobile tools to streamline in-field data collection
- The backend is written in Python and interacts mostly through GraphQL API
- The frontend is written in Typescript using React/Next.js and Blueprint
- Local environments are run with Docker and deploy to GCP with continuous integration using Terraform
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Maths and Physics
- Several years of relevant experience
- Experience with several of: RESTful APIs, embedded systems cloud infrastructure, test automation, front-end frameworks, storage frameworks, distributed and parallel systems, CI/CD and containerisation
- Strong knowledge of Python
What's in it for you?
- Stock option plan
- Hybrid working
- Leave package
- Training and development budget