Senior Python Developer
100% remote UK/Europe
Salary up to £70k
A fast growing technology company now in scale up mode and looking to increase team size from circa 30 to 60 plus in the next 12-18 months. Their cloud-based analytics software has been taken by some of the biggest names in the Video on Demand sector and due to a number of very large new client wins, we need to hire!
As a unique Saas analytics solution, it utilises their own inhouse hardware and software and is the only service, globally, that provides this data. With data labs in London and Los Angeles that collect and analyse data insights on Film and TV placement. This is a pure remote company and a close collaborative team.
You will work as Lead Developer for scraping. This is the automated process of gathering public data. Web scrapers automatically extract large amounts of public data from websites in seconds! Working independently at first, you will then develop a team and look to onboard new members and take the lead role in the team. There will be challenges to face as new stores join and existing storefronts change! The goal is to create a stable set of scrapers that can continue to work and adapt with minimal intervention.
- Maintain and streamline existing scrapers in Python /Scrapy
- Develop and maintain image processing Lambdas in Python on AWS using OpenCV
- Rapidly expand the network by adapting and extending software to bring new sites online
- Automate the validation of scrapes to ensure that high levels of accuracy is maintained
- Work alongside other senior developers to design and build python solutions in AWS including image recognition, OCR, and ML
- Play a part in an agile team – participate in stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Gain exposure to other popular programming languages and frameworks including NodeJS, Lambda, OCR of screenshots on Raspberry Pi devices using Tesseract
What are we looking for?
- Python experience, 3+ years in a commercial role. You need to be confident in your ability to support and build upon current systems.
- An interest in additional languages, paradigms and skills. The scrapers are built in Python and process data into the PostgreSQL and AWS systems. Having an interest in how
other parts of the system integrate.
- No micro-management and so you need to be self-motivated and organised
- Working knowledge of Git workflows, Python testing, and DevOps toolchains
- If you have:
- Hands on experience with AWS specifically Python Lambdas, knowledge of Node.JS, PostgreSQL, microservices architecture
What's in it for you?
A lovely collaborative team who care very deeply about building an inclusive team. A flexible approach to your working location and working hours