Belfast /UK remote
Salary up to £70k
How would you like to work with a company that was not only set up by ex Google engineers, but also retains an affiliation with Google and works closely with a variety of their big named clients?
With a recently opened up office in Belfast and plans to scale, we are looking for a number of junior to mid-level software developers for a very exciting new Insuretech division. They have a strong motto of working "with" clients as opposed to "for" them. Embracing agile instead of delivery milestones and working closely with client's engineers.
In order to support future growth, they are launching a brand new Insuretech Team, helping to bring new products, new technologies and new ways of thinking to an industry that is just ripe for innovation.
You will help build solutions that span from full blown next generation agent productivity applications, through to ML applications across a wide range of data sources that provides data for new insurance products as well as preventing fraud, on to automation, scaling to millions of consumers and giving them the tools to best serve their families.
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team to further improve products
- Discuss technical solutions with your team and liaise with the architecture team where necessary
- Track progress while keeping a fully working product at all times
- Work with other developers in your team to implement new functionalities with a passion for quality. Review the code changes from your peers before they go in to the main line in Git.
- Interact closely with the QA engineers to make sure you write the necessary tests and they can provide feedback early in the process
- Update the status of Jira issues
- Demo fully finished parts of the product and code to your team and the product team
What are we looking for?
- A passion for good quality, good design and clean code
- Can work in multiple languages (Java, Python etc)
- Comfortable working in multiple cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins Microservice, Architecture and APIs
- ReactJS or other frontend tools would be a huge bonus!
- Strong RDBMS experience is required
- Experience contributing to large code bases
- Knowledge of TDD or BDD development and CI and CD
- Enjoy engaging with a wider technical community
What's in it for you?
- Be a part of an exciting new startup changing the future of Insuretech
- Highly competitive salary for the local market
- Pension, life assurance, bonus, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays