Senior Backend Engineer (Python)
Location: London (In office - WFH flexbility)
Salary £70-90k dependent on experience
Formed to give ambitious companies the tools to reach their potential by bringing power of data to their clients' screens, highlighting performance against targets, this innovative and forward-thinking company are now looking for a Senior Python Developer to accelerate to the next phase of developments and help build new features and improve existing logic.
The company is a ground-breaking early stage start-up, with the ambitious goal of helping business leaders across the globe harness the power of their own data to make the best decisions for their companies. Our client is building the world's leading business intelligence platform that seamlessly integrates disparate business systems to provide the most actionable and timely view of a company's operations. They are a fast-paced company, committed to growing a formidable business by highlighting new and innovative ways for their clients to grow.
The right candidate will be responsible for implementing and thinking with the team about technical design of requested features. Are you someone who has a good understanding of existing logic and can provide input on how this can be modified when new features or bug fixes are requested? Even though this role can be executed fully remotely, willingness to relocate to London is a major plus.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Implementing normalised domain bound data models.
- Writing integrations with third party APIs.
- Participate and contribute to technical design discussions with the team.
- Provide pragmatic solutions that will both suit current needs, and can be easily updated to fit future needs.
- Scope and estimate changes to the software.
- 5+ years experience building web applications backend solutions - preferably with Django
- Proficiency with backend development methodologies
- Experience building ETL pipelines
- Experience with Postgres or similar RDBMS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and not afraid of talking to the product team and contributing actively in team meetings
- Experience moving quickly in a startup environment
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with Microservices and/or serverless architecture
- Experience with Docker, K8S
- Pre-existing understanding of the accounting domain or CRM systems
Package, Perks, Benefits
- Opportunity to join an amazing and committed team, which has already ‘walked through walls’ to deliver solutions to our customers
- The potential to have huge impact on thousands of companies across the UK (and later globally) by providing data insights, allowing them to better understand their data
- Opportunity to learn from highly experienced developers
- Hybrid working in London office is preferred.