Development Operations Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
Salary: up to £80k (DOE)
Our client, a world-leading education business providing English courses and preparation programmes for international students wishing to enter UK universities, are looking for a DevOps Engineer to the join the team.
A premier provider of education services for individuals, schools and businesses worldwide, our client is a pioneer in the for-profit education industry, with a brand name that is synonymous with quality, innovation and integrity. They offer a wide range of products and services for learners of all ages - from kindergarten students mastering basic skills to professionals looking for career advancement.
Information technology is a key enabler of business transformation and growth. Our client is going through a multi-year digital transformation programme across the student journey. As part of this transformation, they are leveraging public cloud to support both the business and the student journey.
The DevOps Engineer will work with the team to develop, implement, and manage our public strategy. To ensure the cloud estate is configured securely according to industry standards you will also provide up-to-date knowledge of threat modelling, risk assessment techniques, code reviews, current best practices, and the latest cybersecurity threats:
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant work experience with AWS and (Security ideal.)
- AWS infrastructure experience using best practices for Dev/Staging/Production.
- Ability to code in Python / Bash / Linux
- Good knowledge of AWS (RDS, Lambdas, VPC, WAF)
- Experience with Terraform, GitHub.
- Multi-account experience, AWS Certified Security Certification and CI/CD experience preferred
- Hands on experience of creating build and deployment Pipelines with tools like Jenkins / Cloud Formation.
- Knowledge of any Cybersecurity Frameworks such as CIS, ISO27001, NIST
- Self-directed with the ability to drive projects to successful outcomes in a fast-paced growing business.
- Able to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organisation in a highly fluid environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and an ability to prioritise multiple demands
- The ability to work effectively under pressure with critical task times.
- Some experience Patching Tools such as Systems Manager
- An ability to use and deploy security tooling for penetration testing and code scanning.
- Managing our cloud environments in accordance with security guidelines
- Working with remote teams across the globe.
- Deployment of enterprise services in public cloud using IaC and to defined standards.
- Focus on developing orchestration and automation solutions across the company portfolio.
- Working closely with the Risk & Compliance team to ensure regulatory and operational compliance. Vulnerability checks and remediation.
- Potentially moving into a Team lead role, however you will oversee / distribute workload in all areas.
- Addressing security and compliance risks across the AWS estate
- Good Clear Communication
- Open to Change
- Team Working
- Fast learner
- Good problem solving
• On Call and occasional unsocial hours required to respond to alerts or planned changes
• May require international travel.
- Annual leave - 28 days annual leave in addition to the normal bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees).
- Company pension - Up to 5% contribution towards your company pension.
- Life assurance - The scheme pays a lump sum of 4 x your basic salary to your nominated person should you die while employed by the company.
- Income protection - If you are sick for over 26 weeks while you are a member of the scheme and if your claim is accepted the scheme pays up to 50% of your salary.
- Private medical - After successful completion of your probationary period, you are eligible to join at the company's expense.
Salary sacrifice benefits
- Cycle scheme - Get 40% off the price of a bike and spread the cost over a year.
- Salary sacrifice health screening - Salary sacrifice for an annual health screening.
- Pension saver - Make tax efficient personal contributions to your personal pension.
- Employee assistance programme - This confidential service provides practical information, referrals to local services and even counselling on a wide range of issues from relationships to work-life balance, childcare to elder care, moving home to retirement, consumer issues to debt management.
- Volunteer days - All employees can take up to two paid days off to support a charity or good cause which is dear to them.
- Eye tests - Receive a free eye test if you use a computer display screen as part of your normal day to day work, and also receive up to £50 towards your glasses.
Salary deduction benefits
- Season ticket loan - Buy an annual season ticket to travel to work and spread the cost over the whole year.
- Annual leave purchase scheme - Boost your annual leave entitlement by purchasing up to 20 days a year.
- Your benefits discount scheme - Enjoy discounts and cash back at your favourite high street stores and online.
- The Gift of Knowledge - Discounts on company courses for family.
- Taste Card and Gourmet Society - Enjoy 2 for 1 or 50% off the bill at over 5,500 restaurants all over the UK as well as discounts on a whole host of other outings and activities.
- Discounted gym membership - Enjoy lower corporate rates at over 2,000 gyms in the UK