Location: Fully remote with occasional need to visit office in Farnborough for team meetings
This award-winning company is growing rapidly and is recognised as the top UK software house based on client reviews and industry recognition. The team consistently delivers across all industries including established businesses and start-ups. They work with many well-known household names and have over two decades of successful projects.
They are now looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the growing Projects Team.
As a Project Manager you will be involved in multiple, varied Software projects, with a wide range of different clients.
Your projects could be commercially structured as fixed price, T&M, support, or augmented and you will be in charge of planning, scheduling, budget tracking, execution and delivery of software and web projects. You will ensure the successful completion as well as overseeing the team working on the projects.
We’re looking for an organised, detail-oriented, motivated individual who will own the responsibility of delivering end-to-end software development projects. Good communication and decision-making skills are a must, as well as a passion to deliver excellence for all clients.
What you'll be doing on a daily basis
- Planning out the blueprints for software projects; defining scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, refining processes and laying out communication strategies both internally and externally
- Assembling and leading the project team, working closely with the account management team and other people within the business
- Supervising each stage of the project
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget and communicating effectively with clients and internal teams
- Tracking milestones, deliverables and change requests (using Agile/SCRUM methodology)
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation and troubleshooting throughout the project
- Measuring project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Managing the relationship with the clients and the team
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation in line with company process and client needs
- Working with the account management team to communicate potential future sales opportunities and account growth within existing or new projects
- Analysing and documenting project risks and issues, tracking them to closure
- Evaluating and assessing result of project
- Running retrospectives and facilitating growth, learning and development within your teams and sharing with the wider business
Experience and Skills
You may be a good fit if you....
- Have proven working experience with Agile Development/ Scrum
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proficient in project management tools i.e. Excel, Devops, Smartsheets, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint etc
- Excellent proven leadership skills
- Excellent customer management and organisational skills
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Evidence of being both company and client focussed
- Project Management qualification (ideally PMP) or equivalent such as PRINCE2
What skills would add value to your application?
- Commercial mindedness
- Remaining resilient and calm under pressure
- Team mentality
- Bachelor’s degree achieved in a related field
- Around 5 years’ experience in project management/similar role
Competitive salary, with an additional benefits package including:-
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Healthcare scheme, life insurance & critical illness cover
- Parental leave
- Dedicated learning hours with 24/7 access to an online learning platform
- Tastecard+ Membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Fitness activities including discounted gym membership
- Social events throughout the year