Full Stack Engineer
Location: London office based
We are very excited to be working with a Tech Start-up pioneering a change in the way women think about investing. Female wealth accumulation is at an all time high, growing at 1.5x the rate of men, yet investment platforms remain heavily male dominated.
Their solution will provide the support networks women currently lack to build investment confidence, combined with an investment solution built to enable women to accumulate wealth over the long term, whilst meeting the goals and values they aspire to.
As a Fullstack Engineer you will:-
- Play a lead role in building the company and its platform from the foundations.
- Join a collaborative and supportive team in a fast paced environment, creating an engaging and beautiful product that will change the financial lives of millions of women.
- Work with the engineering team, you will make key architectural decisions that will be foundational pillars of the engineering organisation for years to come.
- Be given ownership of entire features end to end, the space and support to lead product direction, and the opportunity to shape the platform from day one.
- Help grow the team, be involved in hiring and mentoring new engineers.
- Set the tone for the engineering culture within the company.
- Be involved in the build of:-
- The investment platform: this is the engine that powers the user's investments, including payments, trading and portfolio management.
- The community pillar: features that help users informally build confidence in investing, and engage with each other.
- The onboarding experience: making onboarding approachable for our users, whilst taking a data drive approach to optimise conversion.
- Work across the stack, using React/React Native and NodeJS (both Typescript). Our client also use GCP & Hasura (GraphQL), but we don't expect you to have previous experience in these.
Benefits Available to You:
- Competitive salary and equity - negotiable based on experience. We’re looking for the best to join the company, so we use a data-driven approach to ensure that we're offering competitive salary & equity packages.
- Generous pension contribution - focused on long term investing, the company want to put your pension in the best position now so you can enjoy the future you deserve.
- £500 annual learning and development budget - this is for you to spend the way you want, and does not need to have direct relation to your current role.
- 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holiday) - take them all.
- Hybrid working style - Typically the team spends 3-4 days a week together at the office. They are strong believers that brainstorming in person cannot be replicated remotely.
- Technical equipment - They will invest in the stuff you need to do your job properly.
- Regular team off-sites - They believe it’s important to get the team together outside the office.
- Flexible on other benefits - we are all at different stages in life, and appreciate different things. It’s not up to them to decide what they are for you. They give you the power to choose what you want through flexible benefits scheme.
What Might Excite You About this Company
- You will join a company setting out to do huge things for society. The product you will build has the potential to bring financial independence and confidence to millions of women.
- Quick feedback loops. Unlike designing enterprise software or working in big tech, launch and get user feedback on what’s working and what’s not in a matter of hours.
- There has never been a better time to build this platform. They are at an inflection point, with a number of macro trends colliding that makes now the time to launch. Retail investing is at an all time high, whilst female wealth accumulation and academic outperformance is at its highest. We don’t see any of these trends slowing.
- Female first works. They’re joining some of the worlds most valuable start ups building products that put women at the core, such as: Maven Clinic, Bumble, Elvie and Glossier. These companies are backed by world leading investors that increasingly understand the value of gender-aware solutions.
- Want to set up employees for long term success, whether that is with them or perhaps starting your own business, they believe the days of a one role career are long gone. We want to ensure you are on a constant learning curve, where internal mobility is encouraged. They want you to one day look back on your time at with them as pivotal for your personal and professional growth.
- Shape our culture. By joining the founding team, you will help define the culture we want to embody both now and as we grow.
- Values-based business that genuinely cares about gender equality. They want to foster a culture of trust, growth, honesty and good energy for the men and women that work with us.
What Might Not Excite You About this Company :) (but it might!)
- Priorities may shift quickly. We will be frequently tackling evolving problems that don’t have clear-cut answers. While they make calculated decisions, they are building a culture of experimentation, and will pivot as necessary based on data and user feedback.
- We don’t have structured management (yet!). They are a small team and each create their own structure, deadlines, priorities - there won’t be anyone telling you how to do your job. We’re looking for someone that gets energised by being able to run with things. A self-motivated and growth mindset is key to getting the most out of your time.
- There is a lot to do. They're tackling a big problem, which means there's always something exciting to be working on. That said, they trust each team member to create a flexible work schedule that allows them to be most productive while accommodating other priorities outside of work. They also strongly encourage time off to recharge the batteries.
N.B. Our client is not set up with the government in order to offer sponsorship and therefore only UK residents or those with eligible visa status can be considered.