Location: Salisbury / Hybrid
Salary: Up to £65k
Do you want to be involved in changing the future of sustainable farming in the UK?
Imagine a future where robots tend to crops 24/7, ensuring that they get the perfect amount of water and sunlight while weeding out any pests. This future is not as far-fetched as it may seem. In recent years, there has been a surge in the development of agricultural robotics. While the use of robots in farming is still in its infancy, it is rapidly evolving and is poised to revolutionize the way we grow food.
Our client is leading the charge in agricultural robotics. This startup has developed robots that can autonomously identify and target weeds, removing them with pinpoint accuracy. The robot then uses data collected about the type and location of weeds to create a map that can be used to guide future weed removal efforts. This technology has the potential to drastically reduce the amount of herbicides and labor required for farming, making organic food more accessible and sustainable.
A highly passionate and collaborative company, we are now looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the team.
Our client has a great team of engineers, creatives and visionaries and we are looking for a Java developer to work within their software development team.
Are you a developer with 5+ years hands on experience of creating back end solutions using Java, Python, Kubernetes and AWS?
Are you interested in refining your skills with opportunities to contribute to frontend development in React?
The Responsibilities (although not limited to):
As well as a burning desire to do the right thing, you will also be awesome at:
- Developing our client's AI-driven web application.
- Rapidly evolving and expanding services to keep pace with the ever-growing robotic farming service.
- Explore novel ways of storing, presenting, interacting with and exploiting, rich, multi-layered data using emerging technologies and approaches
- Being part of a motivated, driven team of developers, data scientists and user experience professionals, being a key contributor in all phases of agile development
- Taking advantage of cutting-edge open source geospatial technology, standards and systems.
- Work with large sets of data, wrangle our machine learning and be involved in integrating our web systems and robots.
- Support mentoring, including code reviews, suggesting technologies and best practices that continuously improve stability, scalability and security.
- Out-of-hours support of services as required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience deploying and maintaining scalable and secure production services.
Not Essential, but would be of value
- Experience with Geospatial Data and OGC Standards
- Understanding of PostGIS
- Elasticsearch Geo storage and querying
- Image processing and data science experience
- Experience of working in a startup, or similar fast-moving environment
What is on offer to you
- A future-oriented job in a quickly growing start-up
- Mud and fresh air – you will never suffer from pollution here
- As an early employee, you will be deeply involved in the success of the company, and future growth as they transform the farming industry
- An opportunity to influence the development of one of the most exciting companies in the UK
- A flexible working environment and hours designed to fit around motivated professionals.
- Willingness to resolve product downtime out of hours in exceptional circumstances
- Benefits package
- Eco-bragging rights and photo opportunities in major press publications! :)