Chief Technology Officer
Location: London / Hybrid
Salary: £120k base + equity
Our client aims to reduce the stress and hassle of notifying businesses of a family member's death all at once, this includes accounts, pensions, shares, memberships and subscriptions. Their platform has been endorsed by National publications including Which?, Good Housekeeping and The Law Society Gazette.
Launched at the end of 2020 after 3 years planning and researching following the painful first-hand experience of the Founder going through the difficulty of dealing with grief after the loss of her Mother and needing to close her mother's accounts.
They are now looking for an experience Chief Technology Officer to join the team to grow the product and tech direction of the team.
The CTO’s role is a true visionary for the business, they lead from the front, inspire all employees to push boundaries and develop award winning technologies which have both personal and professional impact for all our users. The CTO is at the cutting edge of the industry with deep understanding of neural networks, architecture, scalability, securities and agile working.
- Lead and develop the technical roadmap development & strategy - be responsible for leading the exploration and implementation of new technology within the company to enhance our product and give us the competitive edge
- Develop an infrastructure and technical architecture that is built for speed and scalability, with sophisticated data modelling
- Comfortable managing multiple relationships, balancing competing priorities and have experience building processes, fostering collaboration and trust to help scale the business
- Stay current with modern technologies to ensure our competitive advantage
- Be a thought leader within the management team, sharing insights to continue improving the product and the business
- Effectively communicate and understand how to tailor communication to a specific audience which will include strategic partners, investors and a Board of Directors
- Lead the planning, analysis, design, development, and testing of new and enhanced technology
- Manage IP generation and direction for effective offensive and defensive IP strategy for new products
- Develop, implement & monitor policies related to technology, security and IP as needed
- Manage R&D priorities and milestones in quick response to market feedback, allocating internal and external resources in a startup setting
- Analyse and monitor competing technologies and companies to understand the competitive landscape
- High-growth focused leadership abilities, comfortable managing startup culture, where speed of delivery is just as important as the processes used
- Partner with the other departments to deliver customer solutions through new products, ongoing product enhancements and custom solutions
- Define technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Identify critical performance features, user experience requirements, cost constraints, and technological solutions in the development of new products
- Ability to foster an open dialogue among all stakeholders that encourages respectful, honest, and challenging feedback and debate
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
The preferred candidate MUST have:
- Experience with apps, mobile is required and start-up/scale up experience is essential
- Ability to take customer feedback and incorporate into direction setting and decision making
- Excellent communication, public speaking, and presentation skills
- A strong ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. Be able to set a vision and bring people with you; this should be a superpower
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Highly organised around priorities, velocity, quality and meeting deadlines
- Ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
- Self-starter, energising, results oriented, and able to multitask
- Working knowledge of developing a tech infrastructure that is built for speed and scalability
- Culture, Mission & Values Fit - demonstrate alignment with the company's values. Charismatic, tenacious and ambitious, as well as high-integrity, rigorous, low-ego, collaborative and personable. Will be excited by and passionate about the company's mission and purpose.
We have offices in both London and Cornwall, but ideally looking for the right candidate to be able to commute to the London offices.
N.B. Our client is not set up with the government in order to offer sponsorship and therefore only UK residents or those with eligible visa status can be considered