Senior Frontend Developer
Location Hybrid - Moorgate London
Salary Base £70-90k plus equity
Our client is a deep tech, driven by the desire to equip every organisation with access to clear, transparent and actionable information about who they are engaging with. They are automating the innate process of human research using AI and NLP to help protect against fraud and reputational damage. You will join a team of around 17 across engineering and product. With £ 3million in funding already received and a Seed round closing as we speak of a further £ 3 million, in addition to revenue generating customers, this is a SaaS business now looking to scale and to drive the product roadmap.
This is now your opportunity to play a crucial role in the growth and success of an ambitious, machine learning scale-up working on a unique product.
As a Lead Front End Engineer you will help build the next generation of search. With mentoring responsibility for a small team of designers and developers, you will lead and empower your team to deliver new features to enhance the platform. The hiring roadmap over the next 12 months could see the frontend team grow to 4-6 specific frontend developers and you will play a key role in hiring and creating the team culture.
- Manage and maintain the core technologies that power the application's front end and constantly look to improve and evolve the day to day operations of the team
- The front end is built using React and relies on a range of technologies and tooling, such as CSS-in-JS, Jest, Webpack, automated screenshot testing and storybook
What are we looking for?
In addition to a passion for creating exceptional user experiences, we are also looking for experience with the following:
- React including hooks
- State management libraries
- Automated interaction testing
- Interaction with RESTful APIs
- A desire to lead
- Git or other source control tools
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using storybook to isolate components
- Knowledge of and a real interest in design systems
- Experience working with web sockets
- Automated visual tests, such as Cypress
What's in it for you?
Work in a supportive and collaborative environment. The team gets together once a month for socials and they have recently signed up office space in Moorgate, making the space available for a hybrid working model.
- Top of the range kit
- Flexible working hours
- £1k per year professional development budget
- Shares/equity in the business - own a stake in what you are building
- Generous bonus plan
- Unlimited holiday
- High-spec Macbook
- Full home office support
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare