Onsite in Plymouth (will need to be SC cleared)
Base to £45,000
We work with a leading player in the design, manufacture and construction of underwater vehicles and equipment. We now need to help them to expand the team by hiring a Software tester to focus on the growth of their work on marine autonomy.
- Write software test plans describing the tests, testing environment, acceptance criteria, and author reports summarizing the tests carried out.
- Collaborate with software owners to ensure software quality standards are adhered to throughout development and deployment of software.
- Assist in writing unit tests for both existing and future code based on functional requirements. The candidate will be required to write primarily in C#.
- Conduct integration testing in a dedicated simulation environments to ensure that the systems communicate amongst each correctly.
- Perform functional testing to verify that the functional specification has been satisfied.
- Manage CI/ CD pipelines within Azure DevOps.
- The test engineer will be report to the lead technical engineer.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics, robotics, or similar discipline.
- Strong skills in C# and C++, and their respective testing practices, and frameworks.
- Keen interest in the maritime sector and a willingness to continue to develop their skillset through mentoring and courses.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of mechanics, statistics and understanding of applied mathematics.
- A proficiency in python programming.
- Knowledge of various sensor systems (i.e., EO/ IR cameras, Radar, LIDAR, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software design methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of working in development, staging, and production environments
Due to the sensitive nature of the work involved, you may be required to gain SC clearance and this is a fulltime office based role.