Frontend Software Engineer - Marine industry
Location: Plymouth onsite 5 days per week
Salary: Up to £50k salary
We partner with a software engineering firm that specialises in edge-based sensor-driven cognitive artificial intelligence to deliver safety-critical marine autonomy. Drawing on decades of experience in manned and unmanned vehicle design, manufacture and operations, coupled with vast experience in automation and autonomous systems software architecture and computer vision experience.
- Perform design and development of various web applications, software products and libraries
- This is a key role really building out the customer user interface that controls a number of backend marine autonomy applications
- Write technical documents explaining procedures, functions as well as end-user operational documentation.
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a similar discipline.
- Strong debugging skills, and the ability to independently detect bugs/problems and solve them.
- Fluency with Linux and windows development environment and Docker containers.
- Knowledge of communication techniques (i.e., RestAPI, WebSockets, MQTT, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software design methodologies.