Platform Engineer - Google cloud platform
Our client was co-founded by Google Cloud Engineering leaders and has a focus on Google Cloud Platform strategy and implementation. Having grown to over 100 staff in just under 3 years they continue to attract brand names looking to focus on digital transformation.
We now need to hire a Platform Engineer to work remotely in the US.
- Work with client teams, guide and establish modern best practices befitting the organisation's goals toward modernization and transformation
- Work directly with cloud infrastructure, platform engineering and SRE teams to set goals, design and implement solutions in support of modern engineering culture
- Work as a team to design, document, implement, test and support the build, deployment, and configuration management systems that abstract and automate the code to deployment workflow for application development teams
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Leverage past experiences with technologies. These include:
- CI/CD automation and orchestration (Jenkins, Cloud Build, Tekton, Spinnaker)
- Infrastructure/systems logging and monitoring (New Relic, Datadog, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Infrastructure actuation/automation (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
- Public cloud (GCP a must, AWS and Azure a plus) and key platforms (k8s, VMs)
- Backend services code (nodejs, python, Java, etc.)
- Leverage domain subject matter expertise. Continue growing as the IT industry and its readiness grow. Some key areas:
- Developer productivity, code velocity and quality
- Monorepo, code re-use and dependency management, green repo and CI at scale (20K+ PRs/hour)
- Continuous deployment/delivery, DORA-esque telemetry & goals, “boring deployments”
- SRE mentality, change management, cultural change of roles & responsibilities (e.g. protect my own -> enable others)
- Backend services patterns and design
- Lead from behind. Communicate, persuade, teach, across peers and senior management
We are looking at a permanent remote based opportunity offering 401k, full medical for staff and family members.